Are you ready to celebrate this weekend? The Fourth of July is not just an important day in American history, it is also a day to celebrate with friends, family, BBQs, and fireworks. Here are a few tips to help you celebrate a safe and happy Fourth of July!
4th of July BBQ Tips:
- Be Mindful of Grease – BBQ foods are a Fourth of July essential. However, you want to make sure that you don’t abuse your garbage disposal. Although grease may look like a liquid, it can actually harden and clog your drains. You should also keep bones and starchy foods (like pasta salad) out of your garbage disposal, too. Keep garbage cans around your home and scrap off your plates before putting them in the sink.
- Keep Doors Closed – Guests may be running in and out of your house during your BBQ, but try to keep the doors closed. This will help keep the cool, air conditioned air inside — where it belongs. You’ll be thankful when the utility bill comes at the end of the month!
- Check For Leaks – Check for plumbing leaks before your party begins. This will help prevent unnecessary water waste and keep your system running smoothly all weekend long.
- Program Your Thermostat – Program your thermostat to work around your summer schedule. Set it to a comfortable temperature before the party begins, so that your home remains cool throughout your celebration.
- Keep Our Number On Hand – In the event you do experience a plumbing or HVAC problem during your holiday weekend celebration — keep our number nearby! Our professional technicians can help you get your system back up and running.
Our professional technicians can help make sure that your air conditioning and plumbing systems are working smoothly this weekend — and all summer long. Call (865) 518-7008 to contact our office directly to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced HVAC technicians.
Don’t forget to follow us on our social pages for more plumbing, heating, and cooling tips!