During the summer months when the windows are shut tight, the restricted air flow can keep dust, dander, pollen and other allergens circulating throughout your home. Fortunately, with some air conditioner maintenance, you can relieve those scratchy throats and stuffy noses.
HVAC Tips for Allergy-Sufferers:
- Change Your Air Filters – Air conditioner filters trap dust and dirt that moves through your system. Be sure to change them often, and use a HEPA filter (high-efficiency particulate air filter) to optimize the efficiency of your filter.
- Keep Your Humidity in Check – Reduce humidity in your home during the summer months. You should keep the humidity in your home below 50%. If your humidity is too high, consider installing a dehumidifier.
- Wash Your Bedding – It’s a good idea to wash your bedding (and your pet’s bedding) regularly. This will help keep allergens out of your home.
- Prevent Mold Growth – Use ventilation after showering and scrub down your bathroom, basement, and other tiled areas to prevent mold and mildew growth.
- Keep Windows Closed – If you’re allergic to pollen, keep those windows closed!
If you are having trouble with your home air quality this summer, schedule an HVAC tune-up. Our professional technicians can help make sure that your air conditioning system is working efficiently to keep your home cool and allergy-free. Call (865) 518-7008 to contact our office directly to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced HVAC technicians.
Don’t forget to follow us on our social pages for more plumbing, heating, and cooling tips!