Knoxville Water Heater Repair & Replacement
Say goodbye to cold showers and call your Knoxville water heater repair experts at (865) 583-3957. Repairs are right the first time, or you don't pay! Ask about our same-day service guarantee. Click here to access our latest specials and discounts.
Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Inc. is your Knoxville water heater repair and installation expert. We provide service for all types of water heaters: electric, gas, and tankless systems as well. Click here to see how we have helped your neighbors meet their hot water needs.
What is the difference between gas and electric water heaters?
Gas water heaters are an economical solution, as gas costs less to run than electricity. A gas water heater will also help save space in your home, in addition to working more efficiently than other types of water heaters. Some of the advantages of gas systems include water supplied at higher flow rates, reliable service for 10-15 years, great energy savings, and lower operating costs.
You may also be considering an electric water heater. While gas systems can be limited to certain areas of a building, electric water heaters can be installed anywhere—making these types of water heaters easier to install. Unlike gas water heaters, electric systems do not need ventilation and can be installed in small areas, saving you space. Electric water heaters also feature less working parts, which allows them to last longer than their gas counterparts.
When should you repair or replace your system?
Whether you have a gas or electric water heater, problems can turn into a plumbing emergency. That is why we work around the clock to attend to any urgent problems.
Signs that repair or maintenance is more cost-effective:
- Water fails to heat: If you fail to receive hot water, your water heater needs maintenance. If it is an electric system, it may signal a faulty heating element that needs to be replaced.
- Inconsistent heating: This may point to a malfunctioning thermostat, which may need to be repaired or replaced.
There are some problems that cannot be repaired. If your water heater is over 10 years old and is starting to break down more often, it may prove more cost-effective to install a new system.
Signs it’s time to replace your entire water heater:
- Leaking tank: If you have a conventional water heater and the tank is leaking from corrosion, there is little a repair can do. We recommend replacing your water heater with a more efficient system.
- Rust in water: If your water is starting to feature rust or sediment, your water heater is likely to fail soon and will need replacement.
- Lack of hot water: While this problem can be fixed in some cases, it can also point to a water heater that is failing fast.
While we try to see if a repair will work before we recommend a replacement, a water heater that is severely damaged or inefficient will need to be replaced to help you save on your energy costs. We will help you determine the best option for a new system that meets your family’s needs. Your Pipe Wrench plumber will perform an assessment of your home and take into account family size, type of utilities, daily hot water usage, and available space in your home so we can recommend the ideal water heater for your family.
You find out replacement is needed. Which system will help you save more?
Residential water heaters use the most energy in your home, behind your heating and cooling systems. To help you save on energy costs, we recommend installing ENERGY STAR rated systems.
Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Inc. offers a selection of Bradford White ENERGY STAR rated water heaters. Choose from natural or LP gas-powered systems. Bradford White products provide reliable service for years to come.
We can also help you install an electric water heater, including theHydrojet Total Performance System. This water heater uses the laws of physics to provide superior hot water service. The Hydrojet Total Performance System provides residents with maximum efficiency, water deliverability, and advanced cleaning features all in one package. Take a look at the benefits you can enjoy:
- Efficient mixing reduces extreme temperature differences by 20%, allowing your tank to work smarter. This helps you save a great deal of energy costs.
- Sediment in your water heater tank can reduce efficiency and lead to corrosion and other problems. The Hydrojet Total Performance System limits the amount of sediment in the tank, helping to prolong the life of your water heater.
If it’s time to replace your water heater, Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Inc. will match the right sized system to your home so you can enjoy reliable hot water year-round. When the installation is complete, the work area will be thoroughly cleaned, and all debris as well as the old water heater will be hauled away. This leaves no stress on your part!
Count on us for all of your water heater needs. Whether you need to install a conventional or tankless water heater, we can help. Call today at (865) 583-3957 for upfront pricing and guaranteed quality service.