Knoxville Sump Pump Repair & Replacement
Is your home protected with a sump pump? Call your Knoxville sump pump repair and replacement experts at (865) 518-7008. Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc. promises same-day service or the visit is free! Click here to take advantage of additional specials and discounts!
Sump pumps help direct excess water collected in the sump basin to an area away from your property, where it will not cause flooding or water damage. Contact your Knoxville sump pump repair and replacement technicians to make sure your device is working properly.
If your home or property is located in a low lying area where the water table is above the property’s foundation, or if you live near a floodplain, you will need a sump pump. Older homes built without this device in place will need one installed, especially if your home is vulnerable to flooding. Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc. will help you choose the right device for your home’s needs and install it for you.
Click here to see how your neighbors have benefited from our services!
What are the benefits of an efficient sump pump?
A well-maintained, properly working sump pump comes with these benefits:
- Maximizes property value by ensuring the structural integrity of the foundation
- Limits dampness and humidity in your basement
- Prevents mold and mildew growth
- Prevents rust and corrosion on metal fixtures by stopping excess water from accumulating
Contact our Knoxville plumbing company to repair any problems with your existing sump pump so you can continue to enjoy the safety of your own home.
What are the different types of devices available?
There are several types of sumps pumps we can help you install.
Primary sump pumps are commonly found in residences and include the submersible pump and pedestal pump. Submersible pumps, as the name implies, are submerged under water in the sump basin. Pedestal pumps are fixated so that the motor is above the water.
Battery back-up sump pumps act as generators for the main pumps. They are an added defense when your power goes out. During a power outage, your battery back-up pump automatically kicks on, providing enough power to the pump to keep it running.
Combination sump pumps provide both the primary and the back-up pumps. This combination device is ideal to install. It guarantees a back-up motor for emergencies, saving you from having to drain a flooded basement.
What common problems should you look out for?
Your sump pump works hard throughout the year. Make sure your device receives timely repair or replacement by looking out for these problems:
- Overwhelmed pump: If you previously installed a sump pump that was not designed to handle high volumes of water, your pump will be too underpowered to get rid of the excess water. This leaves your home vulnerable to flooding during heavy rains.
- Clogging: Sediment buildup in your pipes prevent efficient water extraction from the basin of your sump pump. This can cause your device to overwork.
- Corrosion: If the rod that allows the sump pump float to move is corroded, the float will not work properly. We can locate the right parts and help you replace the rod.
- Float damage: The float in your sump pump can be compared to the float behind your toilet. A damaged sump pump float will lead to water leaking in the float. If the float stays underwater, we will need to replace it.
- Faulty float switch: The float switch is what triggers the sump pump to start running when water levels rise. Even if the float itself is working, a faulty float switch will prevent your sump pump from working. Contact us to replace the float switch.
Keep flood problems away and call us to repair or replace your sump pump. We will inspect the problem and carry out the best solution. Contact us at (865) 518-7008 before noon Monday-Friday for same-day service or we don’t charge you for the visit.