Drain Cleaning in Knoxville
A drain clog doesn’t just cause a lot of frustration in your home, it also makes your property function less efficiently and can cost a lot of money in water leakage over time. Luckily, at Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc. we’ve created a simple solution for a common plumbing problem.
Our drain opening services fixes even the toughest drain clogs and includes a free camera inspection – a technique that uses a high-tech camera to pinpoint and identify the cause of the clog. Plus, we offer same-day service for our rooter services, so you don’t have to wait.
A drain clog can be caused by a range of issues and some of the more common problems include:
- Foreign objects
Our drain opening offers more benefits than just an unclogged drain. It also:
- Gets rid of odors caused by the clog
- Can prevent a more costly repair in the future
- Can result in less residue in sinks and tubs by making drainage more efficient
- Can improve drainage for other drains in your home (because one blockage can affect multiple drains)
How to Naturally Unclog Drains
When you’re stuck with a clogged drain and don’t want to use chemicals to clear it, you can make your own drain cleaner at home. You can use what’s already in your cupboard to clear away build up. Not only will this save you money but it will also be gentler on your drains.
How to Clean Drains with Baking Soda & Vinegar:
- Pour boiling hot water down the drain first to loosen buildup
- Pour one cup of baking and a solution of one cup water / one cup vinegar down the drain
- Cover the drain plug and wait 5 to 10 minutes
- Pour boiling hot water down the drain again to clear the clog
Baking soda and vinegar work together to break down clogs and clear your drains.
How to Unclog a Sink
Whether you’re washing your hands are cleaning up after dinner, the last thing you want to see if water filling your kitchen sink. Before you panic or start reaching for the Drano, there are natural ways you can unclog the sink.
How to Clear Drains Without Chemicals:
- Use Plunger: Many assume the plunger is just for the toilet but can also be used to clear out clogs in a kitchen sink. This can dislodge any food build-ups or particles blocking the pipe.
- Pour Boiling Water: If you have grease build-up, you can also trying pouring half a gallon of boiling water down the drain. If you have PVC pipes, don’t do this as the boiling water can melt or damage the plastic.
- Drain Snake: This is a fan favorite for plumbers. This tool has a coiled spiral snake that reaches into the drain and can dislodge what’s blocking the pipes.
- Baking Soda & Vinegar: As mentioned above, the combination of baking soda and vinegar can disintegrate some sink clogs. It’s a great alternative to chemical cleaners like Drano.
If you’ve tried these methods and still need help clearing a clog, turn to the skilled plumbers at Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc. for reliable drain cleaning services in Knoxville.
Call Our Knoxville Rooter Service Pros Today!
Don’t wait to get your clogged drain repaired. Call the Knoxville drain cleaning service pros at Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, Inc. today and find out why so many people in the greater Knoxville area trust us to handle their clogged drains. Read our reviews to see what people are saying about their experience with our company!
*Some exceptions apply. Cleanout must be accessible to technician and equipment. Rooftops do not apply.