Knoxville Water Heater Installation
Same-Day Water Heater Replacement in the Knoxville Area
Depending on how well a water heater is maintained, the average life span is seven to 10 years. Components can corrode or break down over time, leading to a loss of performance and an increase in energy bills. When repairs are no longer feasible, water heater replacement may be the answer.
What To Consider When Installing a New Water Heater
- Type of water heater: There are different benefits to tankless and traditional tank heaters.
- Sizing: Consider factors like how many people are in your household, peak hot water usage times, and the appliance’s energy efficiency rating.
- Location: The water heater should be in an area with proper ventilation, accessible for maintenance, and near necessary utilities like water and gas (if applicable).
- Plumbing & connections: Proper connections are essential to ensure efficiency and zero leaks. Install shut-off valves and consider using flexible water supply lines.
- Venting & insulation: For gas water heaters, appropriate venting is crucial to remove combustion gases safely. Insulating the hot water pipes and the water heater itself can improve energy efficiency and reduce heat loss.
The experts at Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Cooling are proud to offer same-day water heater installation in Knoxville and the surrounding areas of Farragut, Maryville, Oak Ridge, and Lenoir City.
We offer a wide range of top-quality storage tank and tankless units from some of the most reputable brands on the market.
What Are Signs You Need a New Water Heater?
Rust or Sediment in the Water
Your water heater tank may have accumulated sediment and abrasive minerals over time, especially if you have untreated hard water. Flushing the tank will help reduce the sediment, but if the buildup has started to corrode the tank and it’s leaking, repair won’t help. In this case, replacing the unit is more cost-efficient.
Inconsistent Water Temperature
Is your water heater not providing hot water at the usual temperature? Do you notice inconsistent water temperatures? There’s likely a problem with the heating element. If there is no hot water at all, contact us for an immediate inspection.
A leaking water heater tank is often difficult to repair and will require you to replace your entire water heater. If a leaking tank isn’t handled right away, the tank can burst and result in greater water damage.
Choosing the Right Water Heater
To determine the type of water heater that’s best for you, our specialists will need to look at different factors, especially the size of the household and peak times of usage.
For example, with a busy family of four, you’ll want a water heater that can handle the demand. This takes into account the amount of laundry done on a regular basis and the amount of water used during showers and baths.
We determine peak hour demand based on the amount of hot water used during the busiest times in your home. An average shower uses around 10 gallons of hot water. In a family of four, two half-hour showers could use 20 gallons of hot water.
Others in the home might be brushing their teeth, washing their face, or washing the dishes as well, and these will also be taken into account when determining the right size water heater for your home.
Call (865) 378-7910 to schedule heating services in the greater Knoxville area with Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Cooling.